Building Surveys are integral to any commercial property transaction as they assess the technical risks for either investors or occupiers. Building Surveys are a core service for Knight Franks national Building Surveying Department.
A Building Survey Report is normally prepared for a prospective purchaser or tenant of a property asset or portfolio. However, they can also be prepared for a building vendor to assist in the sale process. Either way, we tailor our reports to meet your specific needs from each transaction.
Our reports provide an executive summary together with a description of the features and condition of each building element and its likely performance. We also provide budget forecasts for future repair costs. Our careful visual assessment of the property always includes analysis of the available construction and facilities management documents. In addition to a subject lease for example, we would also inspect and comment upon the common parts of the building or block to identify abnormal service charge items.
Whether you are a fund, investor or tenant, our expert and comprehensive Building Survey report is invaluable.
- Due Diligence Building Survey Report for investors and funding bodies.
- Pre-Acquisition Building Survey Report for tenants.
- Building Survey Report for part of a ‘vendors pack’.
- Schedule of Condition to describe the existing condition and features of property.
- Reinstatement Cost Assessment for building insurance purposes.
- Integrate our report with specialist engineers, where required
We have an extensive record of accomplishment in providing any scale of survey for the full range of property use types. Our past sectors for this service include all forms of offices, healthcare, public buildings, education, industrial & logistics, hotels, residential and retail.
We thoroughly inspect each property to be assessed, ranging from large portfolios to a single floor or unit, often working closely with your legal advisers. We also manage and integrate with specialist engineering consultants to suit your specific requirements. Our Survey services are delivered in full accordance with current RICS guidelines.
Our Chartered Building Surveyors are supported by our in-house team of Cost Consultants who assist us during the cost budget process to provide added assurance that our costs are suitably evidenced based using published data and our own cost information.
Benefits of this service
- Provides an impartial technical assessment tailored to your interests.
- Supports stress free decision making on the acquisition or transaction.
- Detailed report with long-term budget cost and liability guidance.
- Confirms suitability of the property for its intended use.
- Can inform negotiations for an improved set of terms for a transaction.
- Advice from a highly experienced and well-respected national team.
Our reports provide clear technical information and cost advice for your stress free decision-making and successful negotiations on property transactions.