Simple, centralised commercial property rates payment service
We have a specialist team made up of Rating Surveyors and Rate Account Managers who assist with properties nationwide. We work closely together to make sure that all your demands are met and any reductions are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Full payment reporting means absolute transparency on your Rate Payments - every month, on each assessment.
Providing single monthly payments to Knight Frank reduces the administration costs of paying your own rates, plus giving you the assurance that all payments have been verified by a rating specialist.
We are in regular contact with all local authorities to make sure your accounts are fully up to date and we are able to stop payments immediately when needed. We also ensure that any entitlements to exemptions and reliefs are not overlooked.
You will be allocated your own Rate Account Manager who will be able to assist with any rating queries with your payments.
Why Knight Frank?
In order to be effective, rating advice must continue to reflect the constantly changing economic and political landscape; support needs to be proactive and innovative, maximising opportunities to mitigate rates at all stages of a property lifecycle.
At Knight Frank we have built a highly specialised team of rating advisers who embody these ideals.
We align property strategies with our clients' business and financial objectives with the simple goal of reducing occupancy costs, increasing efficiency and maximising the value of expenditure.
Our approach has proven that by developing strategies with a clear understanding of the execution phase, and managing the implementation of those plans from beginning to end, we can achieve optimal results for our clients.
Our services include:
As a client of Knight Frank you pay a single, monthly, pre-verified payment. Knight Frank then action the following on your behalf:
- Liaise with Billing Authorities and the Valuation Office Agency, ensuring they have the most up to date and correct information
- Submit funds on your behalf (minimum of 20 accounts or properties)
- Challenge any incorrect demands and validate any amended bills received
- Verify all refund amounts and ensure these are received promptly and with a detailed breakdown
- Produce monthly reports for all payments made to the Billing Authorities Historical assessments and payments are also audited to ensure that all liability-saving opportunities are explored and any historical overpayments secured
- The payment system at Knight Frank is interlinked with our software so it enables cash entries, bank reconciliation and client statements, all of which conform to the RICS requirements