- Comprehensive dilapidations cost assessment reports or scheduled claims
- Expert guidance on your break clause, lease end or exit strategies
- Negotiate and agree interim works or terminal settlements on your behalf
- Administer the implementation of dilapidations works where required
- Liaise with other specialist engineers or valuers, where required
- Dilapidations Expert Witness, where a dispute has occurred
We have an extensive track record of providing dilapidations consultancy across our full range of property values and use types. Our sectors for this service include offices, industrial & logistics, residential and retail.
We thoroughly inspect each property to be assessed, ranging from large portfolios to a single floor or unit, often working closely with your legal advisers. Our Dilapidations services are delivered in accordance with current industry guidelines. Our cost assessments are prepared on the basis of a fixed price competitive tender from a suitable contractor for works with appropriate allowances for reinstatement, demolition, repair, redecoration and other costs including professional fees. Our reports and schedules includes a description of each relevant lease obligation and the key documentation with a full cost breakdown of the dilapidations cost liability arising from the applicable covenants.
Our Chartered Building Surveyors are supported by our in-house team of Cost Consultants who assist us during the cost budget process to provide added assurance that our costs are suitably evidenced based using published data and our own cost information.
Benefits of this service
- Delivers a professional negotiation for best value and avoiding dispute.
- Supports decision making on the exit plan, timescale or strategy.
- Detailed assessment report with itemised work details and cost assumptions.
- Supported by budget cost intelligence from our national offices.A highly experienced and well-respected national team.
We provide the strategic options and potential cost advice that support decision-making and financial planning to ensure a successful outcome from future negotiations.
We are on your side to help you achieve successful settlement of any dilapidations claim.