The Knight Frank Leasehold Reform team provides specialist advice in relation to the extension of leases and the purchase of freeholds (otherwise known as "enfranchisement") of residential properties.
We have a strong emphasis on advising clients throughout central London, although we have been, and are currently, involved in numerous claims outside this area, acting for both landlords and tenants.
How do you benefit?
Knight Frank provides client-focused professional support, drawing on a wide range of expertise ensuring you a seamless and professional service. Our high professional standards ensure we achieve the best possible result for you and our ability to capitalise on our agency colleagues' formidable market exposure gives us the edge over the competition.
By communicating with our clients transparently and clearly, our primary objective is to add value rather than simply report it.
The leasehold reform services we offer include:
- Offering advice in relation to the procedures
- Valuing the premium payable and advising on the figures to be inserted (if appropriate) into a Notice of Claim
- Negotiating the premium
- Preparing for and attending a valuation tribunal to give evidence in support of a premium
- Providing advice in relation to the Right to Buy legislation as well as in financing the purchase and management of residential blocks
What else can we do?
- Advise on Rights of First Refusal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- Advise on security of tenure when your lease runs out
- Private finance and funding advice through Knight Frank Finance
- Advise on securing third party investors to acquire non-participators' shares in relation to collective claims
- Advise on Right to Manage (RTM) companies in conjunction with collective enfranchisement claims
- Advise on Participation Agreements and costs
- Advise in relation to residential block management
- Ground rent reviews