Lilbourne Road, Clifton upon Dunsmore, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23
A handsome village Manor House with coach house
A Listed, principally 18th century village house in delightful gardens with coach house with planning consent for ancillary accommodation. Situated in the sought after village of Clifton upon Dunsmore, just to the east of Rugby, with trains to London Euston from 48 minutes Clifton Manor dates from the early 18th century with 19th century additions and was once owned by the Earl of March (from 1956 to 1969). The accommodation extends to over 8,000 sq ft. The property retains much original character including fireplaces, servants bell system, oak floors and panelling, cornice and decorative plasterwork, arched doorways, heavy oak staircase and window seats and large windows overlooking the beautiful gardens. The kitchen has been remodelled by the present owners, with Karndean flooring, bespoke ash units, automatic lights, Smeg dual fuel range cooker, double Belfast Villeroy & Boch sink and solid sycamore worktops. The dining room has an oak floor and fireplace with carved over mantel. Panelled sitting room, and drawing room with oak floor and loggia off. Playroom, utility room/2nd kitchen and wine store. An oak staircase rises to the first floor landing leading to the generously proportioned principal bedrooms, large study and bathroom. 2nd floor with 4 further bedrooms, shower room and kitchenette providing staff accommodation. The gardens have been designed to provide seclusion and are a particular feature, with spectacular rose garden, ha-ha, pond and shaded woodland. An ice house provides a hidden retreat. Coach House with planning consent for conversion into ancillary accommodation to provide at one end a store with gymnasium above and to the principal part, a large kitchen/living room, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.