Knight Frank Commercial Property Investments in Edinburgh
Knight Frank’s Edinburgh Capital Markets Team provides clients with unrivalled access to commercial investment opportunities in Edinburgh and elsewhere in Scotland.
Over the past 2 years, the Edinburgh team has transacted approximately £600 million of commercial property for a wide range of clients from both the UK and overseas.
The team provides advice to institutional investors, property companies, developers and overseas and UK based private investors and has a particular specialism for sourcing properties for clients on an off market basis.
We are able to provide disposal and acquisition advice across a wide variety of Edinburgh's commercial property sectors including offices, industrial, retail, leisure, car showroom, hotel and student accommodation.
Our extensive market knowledge and contact base allows us to provide well researched and professional advice on property acquisitions, advising clients at every stage of the acquisition process – from initial opportunity identification, to feasibility studies, negotiation and due diligence.
The team has been involved in acquiring two of Edinburgh’s three largest office acquisitions, and has also advised on numerous other purchases.
A selection of recent purchases:
- Standard Life House, Edinburgh Office - £93.75 million
- Port Hamilton, Edinburgh Office - £105 million
- Centrica, Waterfront Avenue, Edinburgh Office - £17 million
- Hobart House, Edinburgh Retail / office - £19.5 million
- Imex Business Centre, Loanhead Industrial - £3.5 million
- Scottish Widows, East Telferton, Edinburgh Industrial - £2.4 million
- 12-22 High Street, Inverness Retail - £4.1 million
We are able to combine expert knowledge of the local market and buyers with unrivalled access to overseas money through Knight Frank’s Global Wealth Team.
We also work in close conjunction with our London based sector specific investment teams, to ensure we identify the key buyers for any properties we are instructed to market.
Rather than simply putting a property on the market we work closely with clients to determine the optimum strategy for sale in order to maximise the sale price.
The team has a considerable track record for disposals across all sectors and a selection of recent deals is set out below:
- Enquest HQ, Annan House, Aberdeen Office - £45 million
- Harness Park, Aberdeen Industrial - £14 million
- Aberdeen Energy and Innovation Park, Aberdeen Office & industrial park - £35.5 million
- Merchant Square, Glasgow Leisure - £7 million
- Travelodge Haymarket, Edinburgh Hotel - £6.5 millio
- 8 Nelson Mandela Place, Glasgow Office - £9.5 million
- 137 George St, Edinburgh Retail - £1.75 million
Our leading local and national commercial property investment research means that the team has unrivalled knowledge and understanding of Scotland’s commercial property market, a tool that allows us to mitigate risk while maximising our clients’ returns on investment at every stage of the acquisition or disposal cycle.
Contact our specialist advisers to discuss either purchase or sales opportunities.