Property available in the Cirencester area
Whether you are looking for a Cotswold stone built manor house, farm estate, old rectory, traditional stone cottage, striking converted barn or a modern, new stone building; in a country, village or town setting, Knight Frank can find the property that's right for you.
Getting to Cirencester
The Cotswolds lie between the M5, M40 and M4 motorways. The main non-motorway roads all roughly follow the routes of ancient roads, some laid down by the Romans, such as Ermin Street and the Fosse Way. National Express Coaches regularly link up with many towns and cities.
- A46 Bath /Stroud/Cheltenham
- A419 Swindon/Cirencester/Stroud
- A429 Cirencester/Stow-on-the-Wold/Moreton-in-Marsh
- A40 Oxford/Burford/Cheltenham
- A44 Oxford/Aberystwyth
- A424 Burford/Stow-on-the-Wold
- A429 Malmesbury/Warwick
- A433 Badminton /Cirencester
- A417 Cirencester/Gloucester
- A4135 Tetbury/Slimbridge
- M4 - Junctions 15, 16, 17 and 19 serve Gloucestershire, North Wiltshire and The Cotswolds. Junction 17 of the M4 is about 17 miles south of Cirencester
- M5 - Junction 10, 11, 11a, 12 and 13 of the M5 serve Gloucestershire and The Cotswolds. Junction 13 is about 16 miles west of Cirencester
- M40: The A40/M40 starts at Burford, between Cheltenham and Oxford. Oxford is just half an hour (20 miles) from Burford
The area is bounded by two major rail routes: London-Bristol and Bristol-Birmingham main line. In addition, the Cotswold Line runs through the Cotswolds from Oxford to Worcester, and the Golden Valley Line runs from Swindon to Gloucester, carrying high speed and local services.
Main-line, high-speed rail services to the big cities run from stations such as Bath, Swindon, Oxford, Cheltenham and Worcester. High-speed services to London are also available from Kemble station near Cirencester, Kingham station near Stow-on-the-Wold, Charlbury station and Moreton-in-Marsh station.
- Cheltenham Spa - London, Paddington: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Moreton-in-Marsh - London, Paddington: 1 hour 34 minutes
- Charlbury - London, Paddington: 1 hour 12 minutes
- Kingham - London, Paddington: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Kemble (3 miles from Cirencester) - Paddington: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Swindon - Paddington: 55 minutes
- Stroud - Paddington: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Chippenham - Paddington: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Bristol International Airport – 8 miles south of Bristol on the A38. Bristol International Airport offers regular flights to a large number of international destinations.
- Birmingham International Airport is about an hour’s drive from Moreton-in-Marsh – 40 miles.
- Gloucestershire Airport between Cheltenham and Gloucester – flights to Isle of Man, Jersey and Belfast.
A2B Taxis of Cirencester 01285 655651
Cirencester Taxis 01285 640088